DiG discusses her transition after a full year on hormones, how impossible all the progress has been and how she finally feels like a woman. That and a conversation with Dante about what to cut from the podcast, Gencon, hiking the Billy Goat Trail, Jack the Ripper, and how bad guys are at sneaking peeks at women.
DiG gets a little existential in discussing how seemingly random events led inexorably to her coming out, and how, through science (!), her future path has already been set in place. That and discussions with Dante about drawing ants, attending Otakon, watching The Third Man, pontificating about Patrick O’Brian, the HMS Victory, Shia LaBeouf and the art of bogarting.
All this and links for just a few of the many things mentioned in episode 014…
It’s the return of Caitlyn Jenner as DiG and Dante discuss her speech on the ESPYs, and the rampant disrespect displayed towards her by Bob Costas, Peter Berg, D.L. Hughley and Howard Eskin. As you can imagine, DiG goes on a bit of rant, juxtaposing how welcoming (for the most part) NYC has been to DiG and Dante. Other topics include Godwin’s Law, the Prime Meridian, Shawn Wallace (sic) and exploding ducks.
All this and links for just a few of the many things mentioned in episode 013…
- Greg Hoffman’s Web Store (They Descend from the Moon)
- Princess Bride: “Inconceivable” (Wallace Shawn) | @Amazon | @Amazon UK
- That Cuddly Kitty Is Deadlier Than You Think (New York Times)
- “Dali Atomicus” (Salvador Dali)
- Follow My Leader | The Cricket in Times Square | My Father’s Dragon
- Gravity Falls First Look Trailer | @Amazon | @Amazon UK
- Godwin’s Law (or Godwin’s Rule on Nazi Analogies)
- Caitlyn Jenner at the ESPYs
- Joey Vincente on Buzzfeed
In an emotional episode, DiG discusses the nature of hiding being transgender(ed), dealing with pejoratives and death threats, and the joy of “Impossible Day.” Dante counters with details of his trip to Florida (and South of the Border), before getting mired in a tangent about the Parthenon ending up in the British National Museum.
All this and links for just a few of the many things mentioned in episode 012…
- Greg Hoffman’s Web Store (8-Bit Entertainer)
- Here’s Another Fine Mess (Paul Williams)
- Rainbow Connection | With Deborah Harry
- Just an Old Fashioned Love Song
- Still Alive Trailer | @Amazon
- Typing Monkette Presents Feta Salsa
- I, Claudius Trailer |@Amazon | @AmazonUK
- Rashomon Trailer | @Amazon | @AmazonUK
DiG finally talks about transitioning in public, but first gets sidetracked, along with Dante, by Nazis hawking Jell-O, playing Excite Truck on Wii for an entire freakin’ weekend and the complexities of shooting a simple YouTube video about Feta Salsa.
All this and links for just a few of the many things mentioned on episode 011…
We decided it was time to do a YouTube video, so everyone can see exactly what I look like AND get a fine Feta Salsa recipe in the process. Two birds, one stone. That’s how we roll!