DiG and Dante dissect their interview with Forest Rain from the previous episode, but not before discussing DiG’s unsolicited Wolverine script, milk crates, Nazi super cows, and the most expensive items on Amazon. Oh, and DiG debuts a new name (DiG) and URL (www.facebook.com/typingmonkette) for their Facebook page.
And as promised, here are links for just a few of the things mentioned this week on So There’s That…
- Mountain Dew Kickstart Commercial
- Greg Hoffman’s Web Store
- Sorceress Lost Webcomic, Page 1
- Dante’s Arkenation Tumblr
- True Detective | UK link
- The Amazing Screw-On Head
- “You Grew on Me” (Tim Minchin)
- The Equalizer | UK link
- Indian $10 Coin ($624,800.00 & FREE Shipping)
- Natural Untreated Ruby ($123,420.00 & FREE Shipping)
- Tony’s Mailbag Theme
- Hey Ms Derpy (Forest Rain)
DiG and Dante welcome their very first guest, the celebrated Brony (and transgender) musician, Forest Rain. Y’know, as in My Little Pony fandom. Among the many topics (and tangents) covered are transitioning, the nature of being looked up to, her song, “Great to Be Different,” and embracing the awkward.
And this time around, links for many of the references in the podcast, including from Amazon so you can own the same awesome things we do. You’re welcome, world.
DiG intends to talk about transitioning in public, but gets sidetracked by news that “So There’s That” has been featured on the UK iTunes main screen. Dante then talks about their impending first guest, spurring a discussion of what to feed podcast invitees, that then leads to a show invite for Weird Al Yankovic.
DiG deconstructs the Caitlyn Jenner Vanity Fair kerfuffle, attends a fraternity reunion (dun, dun, DUN!), and invites Alton Brown (Good Eats) to the show. Dante graduates and gets a surprising response from an invited guest. Dig counters with the drama surrounding countless decisions of what to wear to Dante’s graduation.
DiG discusses the joys of electrolysis, the needles, the exact nature of the pain, and the psychology surrounding the experience. That and binge watching Hannibal with the family. Dante finally finishes Borderlands 2, gets interrupted by the cat, and invites Burnie Burns (Rooster Teeth) to the festivities.
Just a few of the many references in this the sixth episode…
- Borderlands 2 Official Trailer | The Lion Sleeps Tonight Trailer
- Portal Trailer | Portal 2 Trailer | Portal 2 Turrets Trailer
- Red vs. Blue, Episode 1 (Burnie Burns)
- Duck Duck Go Search Engine
- Don’t Stop Me Now | Doctor Who version | Down to Earth | I Am the Doctor
- Solsbury Hill | Uprising | All I Can Do | The Future Soon (in ASL) | The Warrior
DiG talks about the surprising effects of female hormones and antiandrogens, going to Sephora for the first time and invites Dave Foley (Kids in the Hall) to the show. Dante enthusiastically discusses RGB and CMYK, the transgender banner on our Facebook page and the “seeming” comfort around his gender fluidity.
Just a few of the many references in this the fifth episode…
- 10 Creepy Examples of the Uncanny Valley
- Kids in the Hall: “A Good Attitude Towards Menstruation” (Dave Foley)
- NewsRadio: Quitting Smoking AND Coffee (Dave Foley)
- Lilo & Stitch: Pleakley’s First Encounter with Mosquitos (Kevin McDonald)
- Super Bowl Commercials: “With Dad” | “My Bold Dad”
- Chess: “One Night in Bangkok” (Murray Head)